Booking your Wedding or other event at the Palmer Home is easy! Here’s what you need to know.
1. The entire second floor of the house consisting of:
- Two very large rooms (drawing room and withdrawing room), one of which boasts a large bay window overlooking Charleston Harbor & Fort Sumter.
- Plus the use of our dining room and table (11’ Amer. Hepplewhite c. 1790) for food set up.
- The second floor piazza overlooking Charleston Harbor & Fort Sumter
2. The beautifully landscaped yard for outdoor events.
3. A fantastic view of Charleston Harbor & Fort Sumter!
To Book an Event:
1. In order to book an event at the Palmer Home we need half of your total cost as a non-refundable deposit. (Any payments or fees paid with a credit card will be assessed an additional 12% tax.)
2. We must have a signed contract on file or your date and time is not reserved.
3. We must have a valid credit card on file.
Restrictions & Policies:
- Music is always a plus, but we are limited to harp, light jazz, classic guitar, chamber music, or similar ambient background music. Our location in the historic residential section of Charleston prevents us from having bands, DJs, or other loud music.
- In order to ensure the preservation of antique furnishings and event setups, no dancing is allowed in the Palmer Home.
- Sit-down dinners are limited to a maximum of 30 guests. For events with more than 30 guests we can host a reception with heavy hors d’oeuvres.
- Tables are allowed outside on the piazza overlooking the Harbor, but no tables are allowed inside the Drawing Room, in order to help preserve one of the largest and most beautiful antique rugs you are likely to see.
- Caterers and vendors are permitted to arrive two hours prior to the scheduled start of your event and must be finished an hour after your event is scheduled to finish.
- Your guests may park in front of the house on the street
- We can accommodate up to (but not more than) 100 people
- Sit-Down dinners are limited to a maximum of 35 guests. For events with more than 35 guests we can host a reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres.
- Tables are allowed outside on the piazza overlooking the Harbor and in the yard.
- Caterers and vendors are permitted to arrive two hours prior to the scheduled start of your event and must be finished an hour after your event is scheduled to finish. Caterers must clean up trash, dishes, etc.. and take all trash with them.
- There is plenty of parking in front of the house on the street for wedding guests..