The Palmer Home is one of the fifty most famous homes in the city of Charleston, South Carolina. Built in 1848 by John Ravenel, it is now operated as a Bed & Breakfast by third-generation owner, Francess Palmer. The house is furnished and decorated with antiques dating back two hundred years, and offers spectacular views of Charleston Harbor and historic Fort Sumter. The Palmer Home has been recognized as one of the finest vacation and wedding locations, and recent awards and accolades include:
- Selected by the Travel Channel (Samantha Brown) as the best vacation spot in Charleston
- Voted the home with the best front porch (2002
- Voted the home with the most historical charm (2003)
- One of the top 25 B&Bs in the U.S., by Arrington Publishing
- Featured in February 2006 issue of Travel and Leisure Magazine as one of the prominent places to stay while visiting Charleston.